CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

12.03.2008

"My Three Sons"

We are alive!!! And in love once again. Nate is pure joy and we were happily surprised at the addition of another boy. I should probably rename my blog "Outnumbered" and pad all the walls in the house....

It has been a long and blessed first six weeks and I am totally amazed at you blogging mommies of three, where do you find the time??!! It's 8:00 at night and I finally got a shower!!! But it is youth group night so I'm giving myself a little slack today since I had to cook for the hungry teens that fill our house on Wednesday nights. Other than the party downstairs, all the boys are sound asleep and I am about to snuggle up to Nate and read my new Cooking Light magazine that I picked up at the store today.

My first thoughts of our 'new normal' as Lisa put it...
The transition to three has not been as dreamy as the transition to two was, mostly b/c Logan doesn't nap anymore and Nate is not a great sleeper during the day. He wants to be on me all the time, which was fine for Logan and even Ben, but I don't have enough hands for three!!! We are adjusting though and figuring out our groove. I get a LOT of "you are crazy" stares at the grocery store toting my 4, 2, and newborn around. One in the bijorn, and two in the buggy... bribing with yummies the whole way of course :-). Logan and Ben are adjusting well in spite of Ben's occasional smack on Nate's head!! He has been cutting four teeth over the last six weeks so I'm trying to cut him a little slack...ear plugs would have helped in hindsight as I think he screamed for 2 weeks straight. Logan has been the typical older child, doting on and taking care of 'his' baby. He was sad about not having a sister at first but has found joy over having a pitcher, catcher, and batter in the family. Somehow Nate has gotten the nickname "littles" from Logan, he has been our tiniest baby to date but is gaining like crazy! He gained 2 pounds by his one month apt and health wise is a dream. He is nursing like a champ and I'm learning how to cook, nurse, and tend to two toddlers at the same time. We are having fun, pulling our hair out every now and then, and sleeping like logs when we get the chance!!! My prayer life is growing deeper by the moment as I feel my need for Him increase and the weight of another boy to shepherd into a man after His heart. Here are some pics to enjoy, props to Nikki :-)

Nate in his "Mr. Happy" shirt.


Nate in his awesome stripy socks.


I love this pic of him looking up at me!!


I couldn't decide which was funnier... the one of us laughing at Bennett or of us ignoring him, I chose the latter!!

8 comments:

Kelly T said...

Kellye! What a post! I have been thinking and praying for you all...so good to hear you guys are plugging on through in the big adjustment to another wonderful boy! Not sure if you heard the news, since I am quite certain computer time has been slim:), but we are expecting our second near the end of May, beginning of June! So, listening to you talk about the juggling and lack of sleep, makes me happy I still have about 6 more months of peace:) BUT...we are SO ready for it too! Love, love, love the photos...the last one is absolutely hilarious! I love that you two are smiling through it. All three of your boys are in wonderful hands and I have no doubt they will grow to be obedient men of God. God bless your adorable family and the outnumbered mommy! Nice work.

Angie Werley said...

Hey Momma! I have to tell you that I have thought and prayed for you and Daniel several times in the past few weeks. Three kiddos definitely posts different challenges than 1 or 2 did! I know that you guys are such amazing parents! Hang in there! I have found that with each week, we get more into our "groove" and even more so out of survival mode. :)Who would have ever thought that this is where we would be in our lives 10 years ago as a freshman and sophomore in college! God is so good!

Melanie said...

Yay! I love the pictures! I'm so glad to hear you guys are doing well.

The Robinson Family said...

wonderful photos and I totally relate to your post. 2 to 3 was my big adjustment ... could be why no. 4 hasn't appeared :) It's wonderful but crazy and I also get those stares, can you imagine people seeing someone with 3 kids in Marin !

You look beautiful, your family is wonderful and it's wonderful to hear a little update on how you are all doing, I have been thinking and praying for you all lots.

Isn't it wonderful that His grace is sufficient, all in His strength .. and enjoy watching the siblings interact together only gets more and more fun as the personalities develop. I never thought 3 kids in the same family of the same gender could be so different from one another, it's going to be fun to watch.

Lisa Mae said...

Your alive! :)
Can't even imagine your current life right now!?!? But one thing I know is that you are doing an amazing job. You are a ROCK! I'm totally encouraged by you. I plan on being at my Mom's in about a week. I would love to make a visit to meet Nate and hug your neck. That last pic is priceless. We just had one similar to it. I will have to post it on my blog when I get around to it. Life is in transition right now and very, very challenging! Great to hear from you.

Chris said...

Wow..I was reading through your post and realised how much I miss you lot. Your boys are blessed to have you as their parents. We will be back in the States for some time next autumn. I hope we get to spend some time with you. We will continue praying for you as you re-learn to do life.

The Pereira Family said...

Yay! Pictures! He looks so much like Ben. Glad to hear you are doing well, and adjusting to all your kiddos. So fun to have that big ol' family surrounding you. Love you.

CAL said...

Oh, we are so happy for you all...Nate is absolutely precious. I love the pictures of you all and especially the one on the porch! Know we are praying for you all and giving praise to the Father for His marvelous workings in your lives. You all are incredible! love, Anna